We know how everyday life can be stressful; either you are at work or school, nowadays’ society can increase our anxiety. I know most people will say that you have to exercise to relieve stress, and that’s true, but exercise means a little without a combination of nutritious food. However, there are certain foods that except their tastiness, they also aim to help you calm and reduce stress. These are the six more drastic stress relieving foods:
- Tuna: Tuna, salmon and sardines normalise adrenaline levels in order to keep us calm by balancing the stress hormones. Their Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the blood pressure, which means there are less chances of hypertension.
- Green Tea: As any kind of a warm drink, it has a soothing effect on us. Psychological studies show that green tea specifically improves mental health. Green tea not only lowers your blood pressure, but it also helps with losing weight.
- Oatmeal: Just like bananas, oats also contain serotonin, which ensures an increase in energy levels and a decrease in stress, anxiety, panic, etc.
- Dark Chocolate: Any chocolate makes you feel better -until the guilt kicks in- however, dark chocolate does more than to make us happy. Studies have shown that the everyday intake of some dark chocolate (74%) results to making us calmer and de-stressed.
- Bananas: Except the fact that bananas fuel up our bodies and give us a boost of energy, they can also calm us. They contain serotonin, which makes us happier and relaxed, as well as potassium, which stabilise the heartbeats, and sends oxygen to the brain.
- Almonds: A handful of these crunchy nuts is full of vitamin E; a vitamin associated with stress and its reduction, as well as the reduction of heart diseases. Almonds are high in unsaturated fats, therefore they are a preferable way of getting healthy fats in our bodies.
Read related recipes at: Give Me More